Making the choice to become an entrepreneur is not an easy one. You have to take many things into consideration, weigh the pros and cons of being your own boss, and how being a business owner will affect your life and those around you. Can you make the switch from your current career or job and take the risk to start your own business?
There are traits that are common among successful entrepreneurs / business owners. They are both energetic and calm who like to work but also enjoy life away from the business. Entrepreneurs are both humble and proud while also being introverted and extroverted. The best way to describe successful entrepreneurs is to use the word chameleon. Why? It is because they are comfortable in almost any situation. If the scenario calls for politeness they can do that, but they are also not afraid to rock the boat.
TravelHost publishers display those same types of traits and characteristics but let’s dive deeper into them so that you can find out if you have what it takes to start your own successful business and live the life of your dreams.
- An entrepreneur needs to have motivation. You need to be willing to work hard and sometimes long hours or days to accomplish your goals. You need to stay hungry to reach the goals you have set for yourself and your business. An entrepreneur needs to be driven throughout the whole process from starting a business till the end. That is not to say that is all business all the time. We all need some downtime and the ability to step away knowing that you have built a business that can be successful while away is a key trait for entrepreneurs.
- Another characteristic of a successful entrepreneur needs to be strong leadership. Being a business owner you will need to lead your organization, even if you are acting as the CFO, CMO, CTO and IT by yourself. You will make a lot of decisions, some of them will be tougher than others and you have to trust yourself. Strong leadership is important in any business, but in order to be a business owner you have to be the leader and take charge! This does not mean that if you are a solopreneur that you are alone. You should invest your time and energy in a Board of Directors and be able to call on them to help guide you when facing a tough decision. At TravelHost this scenario unfolds on Day One for our publishers as they are working with a business coach from headquarters. This person acts as a sounding board and provides consultation and advice but also becomes an accountability partner.
- Successful entrepreneurs are also able to analyze their strengths and weaknesses. You need to be able to evaluate yourself and skillsets, and determine what you are good at and not good at. Being able to determine what areas you can make improvements in and then working towards that can make the difference between success and failure.
There are many other traits and characteristics an entrepreneur should or could have, but most successful entrepreneurs are motivated, strong leaders, dedicated, and able to determine their strengths and weakness.
If you are thinking about starting your own business these are 3 areas that you should evaluate yourself on, and work to improve them. If you think you have what it takes to be an entrepreneur contact us today.
Latest posts by Jason Bahamundi (see all)
- 5 Disciplines Needed as a Business Owner - March 3, 2020
- What Inspires Entrepreneurs? - February 26, 2020
- How to Run a One-Person Business? - February 24, 2020